Toktogul Satylganov was born in 1864 in Southern Kyrgyzstan in the village of Kushchu-Suu of the Ketmen-Tyubin valley.
Like most Kyrgyz akyns, we do not know who was the first mentor of the young Toktogul, who taught him to play the komuz, discovered and developed his poetic talent. But there is no doubt that his creative" alippe”, the literary medium was the rich, oral creativity of the people, transmitted from mouth to mouth, songs and melodies of improvising singers, and especially the fairy tales of Mother Burma.
In the verses-instructions of Toktogul, the basis of positive qualities of a person is courage, simplicity, generosity, service to the people, justice, etc. Many of them have turned into proverbs, aphorisms, and have become popular.
• At the age of 18, he met in Aitysh with the famous court akyn of the large manap Dyykanbai Ryskulbekov Arzymat, and won over him. His fame has spread all over the Kyrgyz land.
• In his famous satirical work "Five Wild Boars” (Besh kaman), the songs "Rastovschik Chakyrbay", " Arzymatu” and others, ridicules the local oppressors.
* In 1898, he was falsely accused of plotting the Andijan rebellion, and Akyn was sent to Siberia for 7 years of hard labor
• At the beginning of 1918, the news of the victory of the October Revolution came to the Ketmen-Tube Valley. Akin greeted her, it was time for new songs
* Only four and a half years after his death, a decree was issued "On commemorating the 70th anniversary of the birth of the folk singer Satylganov Toktogul".
* Three monuments to Akyn were erected: in his homeland, in the village of Toktogul, in Osh and in the city of Bishkek.
• In 1959, the feature biographical film "Toktogul" was shot
at the Kirgizfilm film studio • In 1965, the State Prize of the Kyrgyz SSR named after Toktogul Satylganov was established for outstanding works in the field of literature, art and architecture
* In 2009, the profile of Toktogul Satylganov is depicted on the front side of the 100 SOM banknote;
2014 has been declared the year of Toktogul Satylganov not only in Kyrgyzstan, but also throughout the Turkic world. Within the framework of which a number of events were held. A monument has been erected on the grave of Akyn, and a museum has been opened in the village.